Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Brew #44: Ahtanum Pale Ale

JB of Austin Homebrew Supplies made this recipe that picks up your tastebuds and slaps them silly. I went in to AHS in August or September, bought a recipe and stayed in the store a bit to wait out a sudden rainstorm. JB offered a pint of his Ahtanum Pale Ale with hops in the keg! They were pellet hops and they came right through the muslin bag. That didn't deter me from enjoying this Pale Ale. I vowed to make one once my Warrior Pale Ale was far enough gone. I dry-hopped mine with 1 ounce Ahtanum and didn't have any in the keg, but the flavor was all there. This one didn't last past the third quarter at a Super-Bowl party. I knew before I brought it that it would be gone.

Brewed: 11-03-2006
Racked: 11-17-2006
Kegged: 01-13-2007

OG=1.050@72F
FG=1.003@70F

ABV=6.157%

No comments: