Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Brew #34: Oktoberfest/Marzen - Mini Mash

Creamy, roasted Oktoberfest. Somewhere in this timeframe I bought more kegs. This one went into a keg and sat for about a year until I bottled it. I think I have one bottle of it left. When I kegged it, I actually thought I was kegging my Pale Ale. I named it "Knotsoe Pale Ale" and wondered how I burned that recipe and roasted the hop flavor away. When I got an empty keg I found the real Pale Ale. I've been labeling the beer in the carboys ever since. My production line includes two buckets for primary fermentation and 5 carboys. I also want to mention that this is the first of the Mini Mash recipes that I've done and it makes a BIG difference over the regular extract recipes. Much better flavor. Ever since, I've tried to stick with Mini Mash. Someday, I'll get to full grain.

Brewed: 09-14-2005
Racked: 09-21-2005
Kegged: 10-12-2005

OG=1.054@76F
FG=1.012@78F

ABV=5.502%

No comments: