Saturday, May 24, 2008

20080524: Rack it, Baby!!!

It started late at night or early in the morning, whichever you prefer. I racked a Chocolate Stout into a keg, then the next Chocolate Stout from primary to secondary. Next, I racked a Porter into a freshly reconditioned keg. I found out that the gas fitting was leaking but luckily I had a spare one. Then I moved onto getting my Prince of Orange racked off of the Summit hops and ended with racking a Cream Ale from primary to secondary. Five racks in one night.

The two kegs are still sitting in the closet because there isn't any room in the kegerator at the moment. I haven't even checked the final gravities on them because all my picnic taps are in use. The Prince of Orange Pale and the Cream Ale are really ready to keg as well. I know that up to three of my kegs in the kegerator are getting down to where I only need to bottle a few and the keg is empty.

Meanwhile, I've still got bottles stacked in the kitchen for a cleaning and then switching to Star-San as the sanitizer. I should run the Star-San through my counter-pressure filler pretty soon. I'm thinking I have less than 6 bottles of my TurboKitty, 1.5 gals of my Red, 2 gals of my Extra Simcoe Bitter.

I moved my Psychedelic Monk in the kegerator but haven't started the force carbonation yet. At least its cold already.

I'm going to have to brew something this weekend. Just don't know what yet. I'm on a Bock kick lately, so I'm leaning towards a Maibock this time.

No comments: