Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Brew #103: Vroom-Vroom TurboKitty Renamed TLA #4

Abita Turbo Dog. Nice brew to mimic. Only I have no dogs and twin turbos in my car so I have my own name for the clone. :) Sadly, I've gotten something wild in this one. Has a green apple taste that is mellow and not too bad, but the beer rates "OK if desparate". I get to drink this and think about what went wrong. Or, I get to drink this and think about what might make it drinkable. First thought is to try to get fruit and sour going and turn it into a lambic. It may be that I left it in the primary three weeks and racked straight into a keg. Or it may be that some gunk on my filter lines got a hold here. (I've gotten to the filter line since then)

Brewed: 03-17-2009
Kegged: 04-09-2009

OG=1.045@67F
FG=1.014@69F

ABV=4.061%

No comments: