Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Brew #75: Bavarian Doppelbock

I had an Andechs Dunkel Doppelbock when I was in Munich in September. Yummy! Nice and malty. I had to make some of my own. The taste when I racked it has me anticipating when I can clear some space and get this in a keg.

Now it's in a keg. Warm and flat, it has a nice malty character, good flavor. It's a bit boozy though, you can tell it's got a bit of alcohol in it. Off to the fridge to see how the taste changes when it gets cold and carbonated.

It's nice and sweet with a touch of bitter from the darker malts. I can still taste that it has a good bit of alcohol. I still think it might get better with a bit mroe age, but I happen to like it enough that it may not get the chance to age.

Brewed: 11-17-2007
Racked: 11-30-2007
Kegged: 01-27-2008

OG=1.082@70F
FG=1.016@70F

ABV=8.646%

No comments: