Wednesday, October 10, 2007

VACATION! Sept 14-29, 2007


Whee! I get to go on vacation! First I jet over to D.C. and visit family. My aunt is having a party for her 80th. After a couple of days, I head over to Germany with my sister. The plan: land in Munich, get to the BMW factory and pick up my brand new car. I get to drive it until the 28th. BMW - Beer Maker Wagon.

Picked it up with 3 miles on the odometer. I went from Munich up to Copenhagen, then down to Stuttgart, over to Nurnberg, dropped off the car near Munich with 2012 miles on it then hit Oktoberfest and flew home. Not bad for 9 days.

I didn't have much for beer adventures on the trip. I had a very nice Andechs Dunkel Doppelbock in Munich, a "Potsdamer" by Rendsberg on the northern border (it's the local Pils with some raspberry flavoring added), then pretty much just local Pils or Dunkels. I got a liter of the Augustiner at Oktoberfest. Fun times!

Now I wait for my car to get shipped. I have to wait 6 weeks since I dropped it off and all I have is the souvenir front plate and one of the keys to show that I own a car.

Happily, all of my beer pulled through my two week absence. I've carbonated the Holiday Spiced Ale and taken it to a small party. One woman said it was the best beer she ever had. I happen to think that it has aged well enough to mellow out some of the spices and it is very drinkable. Good enough that I'd better make another batch if I want to have some through Christmas.

No comments: